Thursday, September 21, 2006

Professional Stylist Profile: Sharz Din

SHARZ DIN, HAIR STYLIST
SIENNA MILLER and Yeah Yeah Yeahs singer Karen O have the sexiest hairdos, according to top stylist Sharz.
Sharz, 39, from Glasgow, has worked for Vidal Sassoon for 17 years and spends much of his time jetting round the world looking at the latest hair trends.
The job: I am creative director at Vidal Sassoon in Glasgow. My job is to give the rest of the staff direction plus I am in charge of training and fashion work.
How I did it: I swept floors at my local barber in Wimbledon before getting a traineeship with Chris Sorbie in London. I spent the next two years as a creative director with Alan Stewart in Glasgow, where I got a lot of experience doing show work.
I was working for Vidal Sassoon in London when the Princes Square store opened in Glasgow.
I jumped at the chance to come up. Vidal Sassoon are the best company to work for. They nurtured my career and taught me all about technique and communication, which is vital if you are to become a rounded worker. We run a hair school which does an NVQ with additional training. We take 10-12 people on every year. You can take that training and work in a salon anywhere in the world.
I have done shows in Madrid and Russia and I am off to Rome in a couple of weeks. They are a great way of getting inspiration for your work.
Perks: Being able to blend creativity with business

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home