Monday, April 30, 2007

"Instant face lift" chemical DMAE damages skin cells

Dr. Francois Marceau of the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec (as told to Reuters Health) and his team tested 2-dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) in cultured rabbit and human skin cells. As the researchers predicted, applying the product caused a massive and rapid swelling of the cells as they filled with DMAE and water, leading to a thickening of the epidermal layer. They also found that DMAE was toxic to the skin cells, halting cell division, inhibiting secretion, and killing some cells after 24 hours of exposure.

Editors note: Isnt this what Dr Perricone is basing his famous skin care on ? or is it some other combination of letters?

This isnt a product I've done much with, but I would research it more. I did try an eye firming product with DMAE in and I liked the results. I didnt use it long term however. I switch my skin care by season & it was more of a summer product.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home